ICC®: Ionic Copper
Role of copper in organisms
- Copper plays multiple roles in biological systems due to its high redox activity
- It is a vital element for all live beings because it is part of a variety of proteins which regulate many biochemical processes
In plants it affects:
- Photosynthesis and electron transfer via respiration
- Cell wall metabolic processes
- Detoxification of drastic forms/radicals of oxygen
- Ethylene sensing
- Synthesis of polyphenols
What is ICC?
- ICC® (Ionic Copper Concentrate) is a liquid, acidic formulation of concentrated pantahydrated copper sulphate in an ionic cupric form (Cu++)
- The content of metallic copper in ICC® is 5.2% w/v
- It is a very effective and fast acting copper fertilizer which is used by both foliar application and fertigation throughout the whole vegetative period at low rates due to its highly drastic Cu++ ions.
- It is fully soluble in water and it does not form agglomerates, crystals or sediment in the spray solution
- It can be mixed with the majority of agrochemicals
- Application rates for foliar applications range from 50-150 ml/hL while for soil applications from 2-8 L/ha, depending on the type of crop, the size and age of plants, and the training system of the crop.