ICI Ionic Iron
Role of iron in plants
- Iron is vital for the retention of chloroplast structure and function. It takes part in the synthesis of ferredoxin, hematin and chlorophyll in chloroplasts
- Plays an important role in redox biochemical processes in the plant
- It is a constituent of many enzymes (cytochromes) which regulate numerous biological processes
- It is a constituent of certain plant pigments
- It facilitates the reduction of nitrates and sulphates and thus energy production
- It takes part in DNA synthesis
What is ICI?
- ICI® (Ionic Concentrated Iron) is a liquid, acidic formulated product of concentrated heptahydrated iron sulfate (FeSO4-7H2O) in a hydrated ionic Fe++ form
- Concentration of iron in ICI® is 3.55% w/v
- It is a very effective iron fertilizer which can be used at low use rates on all crops by foliar spray during vegetative growth
- It is a fully water-soluble product, thus easily diluted in the spray tank.
- It is compatible in mixtures with most other products
- Dose rate ranges between 100-200 ml/hL depending on crop species, plant size & age, spraying equipment and crop training system